EDTECH 501: Introduction to Educational Technology
This course is an overview of the field of educational technology emphasizing current issues, leadership in technology use planning, and evaluation/synthesis of research.
The EDTECH Program:
The Department of Educational Technology supports the study and practice of facilitating and improving learning of a diverse population by creating, using, and managing appropriate technological processes and resources. Believing technology is a tool that enhances and expands the educational environment, we promote the use of current and emergent technologies for teaching and learning in a dynamic global society. Educational technologists are leaders and innovators, serving in institutions of higher education, public or private school settings, federal, state or local educational agencies, and in education-related businesses in the private sector.
In this course, you will:
- organize an EDTECH Learning Log to showcase reflections, artifacts, and other content created for EDTECH courses;
- identify and apply resources for professional growth and development in the field of educational technology;
- conceptualize the evolving definitions of educational technology through a digital poster;
- identify and apply trends in educational technology applicable to your own classroom;
- compare issues of digital divide and digital inequality;
- identify and prioritize solutions for digital inequalities;
- integrate digital technologies to retrieve, organize, and share resources;
- apply RSS technologies;
- identify correct APA style in creating an article reference list;
- summarize research in educational technology;
- identify elements of technology use planning; and
- evaluate your school’s current technology environment.